You keep your home in its best shape inside out to increase its curb appeal and prolong the material life. But it is equally important to understand the need for professional drainage cleaning as well as to recognize the significance landscaping. The problem of water pooling is common in Vancouver, due to unpredictability of weather and problems with plumbing. It is important to get to the root cause of the issue to ensure that your property does not suffer from extensive damages.
Causes of Water Pooling
Water pooling occurs in areas where the land is comparatively steep. Water gathers from underground and gets accumulated in that particular patch. The water tends to set in one place due to improper or impaired plumbing. This causes continuous accumulation of water in one place, and then it damages the property by seeping in the walls and foundation.
There are several reasons for water pooling on the property. The reasons vary depending on the condition of property and its age. The landscaping of the property or any other cultivation that has been done near it. The following factors could become the reason for water pooling:
- Artificial hindrances: Construction of a roadway, patio, or yard can cause the land to suffuse in water due to improper drainage systems.
- Landscapes: Considering the location of the house is important if it is near a creek or lake, the chances of water pooling rise.
- Improper Grading: If you have a garden around your home, it is necessary to have proper grading of land, which forms a sloping terrain, making the water flow away from home.
- Faulty Sewers: Broken or damaged drainage systems also become the reason for water pooling in your home.
- Fresh Water Leakages: Sometimes, freshwater lines become faulty and start to leak water continuously, which causes water buildup above the ground.
All these issues can become the reason for water pooling on your property. Also, precipitation, sudden change in vegetation, and poor draining soil conditions lead to water accumulation. It is best that you get professional drainage cleaning done to ensure that your drainage system is in good shape.
Fixing Water Pooling Issues
The issue of water pooling can be fixed and the damages to the home can be avoided by taking certain steps, such as:
- Have proper plumbing systems and gutters.
- Build your house on a sloping terrain, so the water moves away from the foundation.
- Fix the soil grading by making your house above the garden level.
- Proper landscaping and avoid sudden changes in vegetation as trees play an important role in soaking up water and keeping the soil steady.
- Build a French drain to drive away water.
- Water pooling could be controlled by managing erosion by installing a creek bed or catch basin.
- Make a sidewalk dam which provides proper water channel.
Water pooling causes serious damages to the property, and the remedial measures are more time consuming and hectic. A better way for is to call in professional drainage cleaners in Vancouver to fix your problem of water pooling. We at Quick Sidekick provide you with all the solutions to your water pooling problems, as our expert drainage cleaners are experienced in handling such situations.