Weather affects the buildings in the most unusual ways. It not only destroys the curb appeal of the building but also makes the structure weak if not taken care of properly in a timely manner. Almost all kinds of weather conditions cause the growth of molds, debris buildup, grease, pollen, and several other unwanted materials to develop on the sidings, significantly impacting its beauty and strength of your home. To restore your sidings to its former glory, professional pressure washing is one of the best ways to clean all the unwanted buildup without affecting the look and feel of your sidings.
Choosing the Right Pressure Washer for Your Siding
Pressure washing in Vancouver may seem easy and a quick way to remove all the undesirable materials from the surfaces, but it is essential that you choose the right size of the machine and have knowledge of correct power for different surfaces. For sidings, you need a small, compact, lightweight, high-pressure washer with nozzles of different sizes, a hose, a power cord, and an onboard storage tank. It should have a gas engine of 1300 to 1900 psi.
Preparing for Pressure Washing
When you are planning to pressure wash sidings in BC Canada, it is essential to take a few initial steps because working with high-pressure machines can also damage the surfaces.
- Remove all the nearby objects that can be damaged by the water stream, or if you cannot remove them, it is best that you cover them to keep from getting dirty.
- Wear the proper protective gear when working with a pressure washer.
- Use the most suitable cleaning solution for sidings. There are specific solutions for particular areas, including sidings, as cleaning with water only won’t stop the mold and bacteria.
- Considering the sidings, start off with low pressure. Also, use a mild bleach first on the surface to make it easier to remove the dirt, mold, and grime. Increase the pressure gradually as needed.
- Make sure that you get rid of all the detergent before you start rinsing the sidings after washing.
- Avoid high pressure for rinsing as it damages the sidings.
Preventing Damage from Pressure Washing
Pressure washing in Vancouver can damage the sidings, especially vinyl sidings, if not done properly. Since pressure washing deals with water after it is compressed through a small nozzle, it can ruin the sidings if not handled properly. Even using wrong cleaning solutions will chip away the sidings. It can cause the water buildup inside the structure after damaging the siding’s surface, even of its concrete, which will eventually weaken the entire house. Also, it is a bad idea to use pressure washing older structures.
While pressure washing may look like an easy DIY project, they commonly result in damaged sidings due to high-pressure washing and use of wrong cleaning solutions. Don’t want to the risk? Call the professional pressure washers in Vancouver from Quick Sidekick to handle the job for you, ensuring that you have clean, sparkling sidings complementing the exterior of your home.