To increase the curb appeal of your home, you scrub the windows, paint the walls, pressure wash your driveways and what not. But sometimes, minor things make the appearance of your home dirty and foul; just like the grimy exterior of the gutters, which makes gutter cleaning in Vancouver necessary. It enables you to avoid water accumulation on your roofs as well as their exterior to get rid of the murky marks.
Drainage systems require cleaning on a regular basis because when it rains, all the dirt and leaves get stuck in the downpipes, which result in the pooling of water and dampening of walls. Also, the gutters require external cleaning, not just to increase the pristine look of your home but also to improve the strength and durability of the gutters.
Maintaining the Drainage System
Storms and rains are unpredictable – it is important to keep your drainage systems clean and tidy to escalate the water flow and avoid water buildup. This is usually done by cleaning the downpipe gutters by removing all the grime and dirt and applying cleaning solutions to get rid of any moss or algae growth.
However, maintaining the interior of the gutters is not enough; the exterior also requires cleaning. Rain causes streaks of water on the gutter’s exterior, known as tiger stripes. Clogged gutters lead to moss and algae growth on top of the drainage pipes, which is harmful to health. Moreover, the moisture triggers the dampening of walls and the drainage system, which can damage the foundation of your home. It is essential to do gutter cleaning in your home to avoid any extensive damage to the property that can potentially break your bank.
Tips for Cleaning the Gutter Exterior
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when cleaning gutters in Vancouver, such as:
- Safety matters – regardless of any method you try to make sure you are safe and secure after climbing the ladder. Wear gloves and protect your eyes.
- The correct equipment is key to clean gutters. Considering the degree of cleaning required, you should get the suitable equipment and cleaning solutions.
- Using a blower helps you get rid of the dirt.
- Applying potassium hydrogen tartrate, also called the cream of tartar, allows you to remove the stains on the surface.
- Using a mop could be helpful if the gutters are only dusty and don’t have any stains.
- Gutter pads can be useful for cleaning.
- Gutter flushers come handy when cleaning the exterior.
These tips may seem easy to you, but they require a lot of effort and time. Also, there are certain setbacks if you do it by yourself, like getting an allergic reaction due to the gutter cleaning solutions, not having the correct equipment can cause you a lot of physical pain. Gutter pads, for instance, can get torn halfway while cleaning and add more work to the cleaning regime.
So, instead of going through so much difficulty, you should let professionals to do this chore for you. Call the expert gutter cleaners in Vancouver from Quick Sidekick to do the job for you and get shiny and spotless gutters inside out to get the near-pristine look of your home.
We specialize in gutter cleaning, moss removal, roof cleaning, window cleaning, power washing, steam cleaning, and painting.