For building a house, people look for the best and the most durable materials to ensure that they not only last for a long time but also provide optimal safety from the elements, especially the roof. It withstands a lot of things, including the changing weather, debris, fungi, and moss growth, and whatnot. Cedar wood is the most-used material building for roofs since it is cost-effective and lasts a decade longer as compared to other materials. However, cedar roofs require regular maintenance to keep their shape and color intact, for which professional roof cleaning services in Vancouver play an important role.
Why You Should Consider Cedar wood Roof Cleaning in Vancouver
Most homeowners wonder: What possibly could go wrong with an uncleaned roof? The answer is, pretty much everything! From debris build-up to moss growth to losing shingles to water absorption – all these factors play an important role in destroying your home. It weakens the structure in general causes seepage all over your building not forgetting the different diseases you can catch from debris and moss growth. In addition, if you try to clean it without taking proper measures, it could potentially damage your roof. That’s why it is best to let professional roof cleaners in Vancouver handle it for you.
Maintaining and Cleaning your Cedar Roof
Cedar roofs can last up to more than twenty-five years if they are well-kept. They are extremely durable as they are thermal resistant, earthquake resistant, and can face heavy winds rather easily as compared to asphalt roofs. To keep your roof as good as new and tidy, you have to hire a professional roof cleaner in Vancouver who exactly knows how the wood should be treated.
The following are some important tips to maintain and clean your cedar roof:
- Remove debris and leaves at least twice a year so they don’t get stuck in shingles and become the reason for water stagnancy.
- Cedar wood roofs require air circulation in between, so a substrate should be installed.
- Moss and algae are attracted to cedar wood, so it is necessary to get the roof washed.
- Restoration like patching and replacement of planks is required after every 10-15 years depending upon the roof’s condition.
- Use products specially made for cedar wood; otherwise, it will damage the shingles.
- Use a protective coating to keep the roof shiny and new. Also, the protective spray will avert the damages by changing the weather.
Cedar wood roof is ideal for your home in Vancouver, but they do require regular cleaning and maintenance to keep their façade and durability.
Also Read: How can a Handyman be Helpful?
Why Hire a Professional Cedar wood Roof Cleaner in Vancouver?
Though it may seem like an easy task, cleaning a roof takes a lot of time and effort and the dangers that come along with it. If you’re afraid of heights, then it is not the job for you. Hire an expert roof cleaner today from Quick Sidekick who will do the job for you here in Vancouver. Our professionals know how to take care of your cedar wood roof and what kind of cleaning solutions are best for it. We can make your roof resilient and appealing. Get your appointment today!